NAEA Code of Conduct
Thank you for being part of the NAEA community. We are committed to providing a safe, collaborative, and welcoming environment for all virtual participants. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation in virtual events, social media platforms, community discussion boards and in-person events.
Failure to comply to the NAEA Code of Conduct will result in a formal warning and may result in temporary or permanent suspension of access to one or more of NAEA’s events (virtual or in person) and platforms, with no refund. Three violations may result in temporary or permanent removal from all NAEA virtual platforms and events and/or immediate cancellation of NAEA membership.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact NAEA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Code of Conduct
This policy applies to all NAEA social media platforms and virtual events, including those sponsored by organizations and/or partners other than NAEA but held in conjunction with NAEA events, on public or private platforms. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, committee members, partners, exhibitors, NAEA team members, member benefit providers, and all others are expected to abide by this policy.
By participating in any virtual event, social media platform group, and/or community discussion board, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to keep discussions, shared files, and relevant content that is best suited to the medium.
Virtual Participation – Duty of Care
- Respect others. Be Kind and Courteous. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to the member; there’s no such thing as a stupid question. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.
- Respect the purpose of the community, social media group, and/or event chat. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way. Promoting a service you provide is not permitted on NAEA virtual platforms.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted in virtual platforms is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- No Personal Disagreements/Attacks. If there is a difference of opinion, keep the debate professional. If the debate becomes too heated then don’t engage or you may risk violating the code of conduct.
- No Hate Speech, Bullying or Political Jokes/Comments. Bullying of any kind isn’t allowed, and degrading comments about things like race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender, or identity will not be tolerated.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities or social media groups. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response.
- No Promotions or Spam. Self-promotion is allowed only on designated “self-promo” threads initiated by an administrator. If you have a product or service that meets the needs of another member, please contact him/her via private message or email.
- No Inflammatory Posts or Comments. The administrators reserve the right to remove posts or event chats for any reason. This is a NAEA sponsored site, and excessive criticism, including repetition of previously discussed issues, is not allowed.
- No Fee Discussions. Per NAEA Policy and Procedure Manual 15.3.1: Do not discuss prices, fees, or rates. This is part of the federal antitrust laws and applies to all association activities.
- Encourage Questions. We are here to learn and share. Any comments that belittle a member’s level of knowledge will be removed.
Additional NAEA Web Board Guidelines
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Do not send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals, to the entire list. Use the “Reply to Sender” link in the message to reply directly to the sender.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list.
NAEA has many opportunities for our members and partners to provide information. We encourage you to select the appropriate outlet amongst our many offerings. Here are some examples of other locations NAEA provides:
This site is provided as a service for the members of National Association of Enrolled Agents. National Association of Enrolled Agents is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by National Association of Enrolled Agents or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall National Association of Enrolled Agents be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants National Association of Enrolled Agents and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
National Association of Enrolled Agents reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.